Walker Macy is a woman-owned landscape architecture firm seeking an assistant to help with a range of administrative, marketing and project tasks in our downtown Seattle office.
Our friendly group seeks an assistant who is organized, communicates well, takes initiative, and has a good eye for visual design. Attention to detail is important for this position. This position also requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. Answering phones is not required. Prior experience in a professional office environment is preferred; and experience in a design firm is a plus. This is a great position for someone in the early stages of their career or someone experienced who would like to work part time in a creative environment.
We are looking for someone who can work 20 hours per week on a regular schedule. Specific hours and days are somewhat flexible and can be mutually determined. Covid vaccination is required based on the requirements of many public agencies whom we work with.
Administrative Tasks may include:
- Create physical organization systems for office and design supplies
- Track and order supplies, and coordinate with deliveries
- Make coffee, help plan occasional parties and staff lunches
- Collect mail and run errands
- Introduce new staff to office systems and equipment
- Coordinate with building management
- Coordinate and support our Portland-based IT and office staff
Marketing Related Tasks may include:
- Help compile and organize content for marketing databases including graphics, photography, mailing list contacts, content library, and project information
- Coordinate with print shops
- Coordinate with our Marketing Director and Marketing Manager in Portland on content, scheduling, and materials for proposals, outbound communications, presentations, etc
- Proofread written and graphic marketing content for quality control
Project Tasks may include:
- Help project managers create project documents in Word; type meeting notes
- Scan drawings and sketches and assist with archiving
- Work with our design team to organize our material library
Please send a pdf of your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com by January 31, 2022.
We will follow up with selected applicants for in-person interviews.
Walker Macy is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent benefits. Pay is commensurate with experience.