Walker Macy is a nationally recognized design firm that provides landscape architecture, urban design, and planning services throughout the Western United States. We are known for outstanding public-facing projects, and are passionate about creating beautiful, meaningful, and resilient places that last. Our work includes parks and natural areas, urban spaces, waterfronts, and campuses, as well as site design for civic and cultural buildings, interpretive centers. We have a team oriented professional culture with a commitment to innovation, sustainability, and client satisfaction.
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator/ Assistant to be an important member of our team. The Marketing Coordinator/ Assistant will work directly with the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager, and will focus on proposal development support, management of firm website and social media, and administrative work for the marketing department. As a growing design practice with a high volume of marketing activity and an adventurous approach to new pursuits, Walker Macy has a busy and collaborative marketing practice. The marketing team is highly integrated with the firm’s design team, and our work goes beyond pursuits to support firm culture, storytelling, and mission. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, excels in deadline-driven activities, is collaborative and organized, has good verbal and written communication skills, and is detail-oriented. Drive, curiosity, and desire to learn are strongly desired.
Applicants with a background or interest in architecture, landscape architecture, and planning are appreciated, but not required. Above all, we are looking for someone with an interest in team success and collaboration to help advance the firm.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Fulfilling requests for proposal information from other consultants
- Supporting the Marketing Manager in the development of proposals
- Tracking project information and graphics, and updating our online project database (Open Asset)
- Performing administrative work for the Marketing Department including database entry, mailing list updates, resume updates, proposal information archiving, and organization of other original content and assets
- Assisting with regular updates to firm’s WordPress website and social media
- Scheduling and admin for proposal and interview meetings and activities (Marketing/BD Doodle polls, finding rooms, notetaking, follow-up, and reminders)
- A Bachelor’s degree in an allied discipline (Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Liberal Arts) and/or a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Planning
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
- An interest and ability to learn new software
To apply, please submit letter of interest, resume, and work samples by August 30th to: